Friday 31 August 2018

2nd Quarter, and things were on the up

...Except the weather that is, that still sucks.

Hello everyone, all one of you.  Welcome to my blog, nowt interesting has happened recently I'll admit except me feeling a little under the weather and not quite myself, but hopefully, with a change of seasons and a bit of fucking around with the clock, I'll be feeling a bit better pretty soon.

Work is pretty much how it was last time you read, except with an increase in the arse kisser population, the reason for that is that we've joined with the machine shop from the HQ building and been plonked in together in another building altogether.

The Summer house, now has its soffit vents, and a couple of comfy chairs, and that's it.  The glass I put in the door though does not leak and it's now insect free thanks to the fine mesh I used on the vents.

RC racing, not done any still, however, emerging from my pessimistic mental cave,  I have noticed that starting on the 6th of May, there is a race every week for at least 3 weeks, all in different places, starting next week at Torch for round 1 of their summer series.  Shall I charge up the shorties and get the Sworkz S12-m back on duty?  Is that even a question?  Then it's round 2 of the SRS at the mighty Slough, THE home of rallycross in the UK so I was told once.  I missed round 1 due to aforementioned cave dwelling but I did fire up the ol' girl the other week.  Looks like I'll have to give it some kind of wrenching for dirt though as it's currently wearing an "astro" kind of stance.

The bike, The Thunderace, the one that got dragged under a car for about 20ft, while the driver carried on merrily in to The Range carpark with me on his windscreen.  Wow, as of this precise moment, it's sat in the workshop with a gallon and half of super in the tank, waiting for me to book the MOT.
I have to give shout outs to the following though as they've done a sterling job.  Graham at The Image Works www.bike-stickers.com did all the new graphics, including the tank lettering, the colour of which, is an absolute spot bollock on match to Yamahas silver.  If you didn't know better, you would say the lettering was sprayed in at the factory.

Which takes me to another who's well deserving of a mention, and that's Lee at Roosters Voodoo Paint, who sorted my tank.  He is just one guy but does a cracking job.  Buy him a bottle of Rum and he'll see you right.  He rides too so understands how you want the paint to look, he won't just give it a flash over and leave more orange peel than the man from Del Monte on a VitC binge in a darkened room, oh no.  He's also a genuine bloke.  Give him a nosey when you want shit painted and tell him I sent you.



I publish this update while sat in front of my pc with a bad back at the end of August, so the 2nd quarter was a while ago.  I've simply been up to my eyeballs in doing stuff to actually blog anything.  I was even meant to take the finished bike to show Lee at Roosters Voodoo Paint to show him how it all looks but life has been in the way.

I'll do a more recent update soon, and remember, that's how, for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment