Monday 17 October 2016

THE name change

Ok, by now you've noticed something different, yes, I've changed the name of my blog. It may ring a bell with some RC-ers and it's not because I'm taking the piss or want a slice of the action, oh no siree.

There's a guy, an international RC racer, by the name of Joseph Quagraine. I don't know him, I won't even pretend I do. He had the balls to develop, make and market his own RC car. He called this, THE Car, and subsequently, all the merchandise since then has THE preceding what the item is, ie: THE pit towel, THE car stand, etc etc, you get the idea.

Alas, here is a guy who voices his opinion via social media and of course his own website, called THE Quagraine, oddly enough. Anyway, I've read a few of his articles which I've enjoyed and seen a couple of vids on neobuggy. He tends to speak his mind, something I've been known for in the past. He tells it how he sees it, lets people have it with both barrels if need be. I like that. He doesn't give a monkeys who he pisses off but he seems passionate about his business, as well as the sport his business revolves around, as one would. A kind of Maverick, if you will. So the blogs name change is a nod, a tip of the hat, to this bloke.  He looks to have haters and followers in equal measure but he is always an interesting read.

In one of his posts a short while ago, he went on to say that everyone is sponsored these days and that it is killing the sport. If Mr Quagraine should ever happen upon this blog entry of mine, I'd say I have to disagree with him there. Now, we both race rc cars, that is where the similarities end. He is an international pro, and I'm just a club guy, we're on complete opposite ends of the spectrum, with him being as far beyond me in terms of the hobby/sport as modern atheist man is beyond narrow minded religious nutjobs living in caves, or trailer parks. Anyway, this year, I got my very first supported drive, call it what you like, being sponsored, supported drive, whatever. Prior to that, I was just doing the odd club round at just one club, upon being given a drive, I invested in a lot of new stuff, including cars, engines etc.  I have tried to promote the brand of which I drive and my sponsor and show them both in a positive light, which they well deserve. What I have also done since being gifted the drive is attend more races, and participate in a regional championship, which required travelling. Now, I doubt I would have done that before, but I can say the sponsorship helped go some way in making it more affordable to race at more clubs. How does this kill the sport Mr Q?  I think, and this is just my opinion of course, being at the top of tree, Mr Quagraine might have lost sight of the grass roots side of things, if he was ever involved at all.  

Anyhow, that's just my opinion, and like arseholes, everybody has one. If Mr Quagraine ever has time to waste on reading this column, I hope he has an opinion on it and lets me know, because he has his opinion, and I have mine. Now, what is THE opinion on the blogs name change? Keep it or change it back?

Answers below please or where ever I have posted this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment